Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] RE: [why schools don't adoptOSS]]]

tis 2001-11-27 klockan 17.58 skrev Doug Loss:

> I'll go out on a limb and suggest StarOffice as a good solution.  I've
> never used Outlook or MS Echange though, so I can't make an honest
> assessment.  The nice thing about StarOffice though, is that it's
> available for Windows as well as Linux.  This leads to another strategy
> for getting Linux into the schools - introduce StarOffice first, and
> switch over to Linux later.

The only problem is that the 6.0beta of Staroffice doesn't contain any
calendar anymore. I guess that the calendar is gone as I can't find
anything about it on the staroffice site and the openoffice site. An
alternative calendar/email/groupware suite almost looking as Outlook is
Evoluton from Ximian (www.ximian.org). It can even import files from
Outlook.

/Stefan