Re: [Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] RE: [why schools don't adopt OSS]]

Why not start with a script (bash or perl or python) that modifies a
standard distro a bit like bastille, except that it creates a setup
optimised for school students/staff/whatever.

wget could be used to download extra packages.

one setup computer could then be ghosted onto others.

A stopgap measure, perhaps, but one way of doing it in the absence of a
distro. Load a standard RedHat workstation, for example, then run the
customisation script on that, and there you have it ...

Again, I'd be happy to contribute to this. I have gone some way towards
this anyway with a script for building a web server just how I like it.

Michael

--
Michael Hall