Re: [seul-edu] Getting started: Forming a coalition to promote free and

open toolsand content in education
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:25:18 -0700

|This `coalition' thread has been one of the most lively and verbose (in
|the best sense of course) for a while. There have been several
|international contributions.

|I wonder if anyone has the time/energy/organisational ability to sum up
|where we're at right now? What proposals are on the table?

|And while you're at it ... What do we do
|next, what are the core tasks to be done, in what order? How are we going
|to organise ourselves? Who wants to work on what? :-)

|David B has got some good points, in one order, others have other points
|in other orders, it would be good to somehow distill this down to as
|simple a set of options as we can as a basis for moving on.

|Michael

Michael,

I've been using the SEUL-edu wiki to help me keep
track of things that come across the newsgroup.
I don't know if anyone else is finding it useful, but
it's been better than trying to keep all this stuff
organized in a ragged set of bookmarks.

The page I started is here.

http://www.seul.org:8080/wiki/edu/Linux_Education_Distribution

There isn't much there, I just used the dialogue from the
thread to reorganize some of the links in the wiki. This
isn't really what you were asking for, but the wiki is a
quick way to keep things from getting lost so that as time
allows, the info can be recast to be more useful.

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US
prevettl@cochise.cc.az.us