Re: [seul-edu] Great do list from Teemu: Forming a coalition

>  Speaking of names, the acronyms that you guys are throwing around are fun,
>  but they don't mean anything to me. Why do we have to have what amounts
>  to a 'secret codename' for our group? How about something clearer, like
>  the Schoolforge Coalition? Or the Schoolforge Group. Or just Schoolforge.

IMHO, we have too many acronyms already. Acronyms are simply boring and not
innovative at all. Schoolforge is simple and easy to remember. My vote.

>  We might be much more comfortable using
>  phpgroupware (http://www.phpgroupware.org/).
>  Mike set up a demo at http://www.findaschool.org/~mviron/phpgroupware/
>  (user admin password admintest)

Have you seen our open source project, MimerDesk? It's a lot like
phpgroupware but will support education as well and not just the groupware
stuff. There is also better communication available atm.

We are soon releasing the first public version, 1.5.0. It will be fine for
most of the work. After the release we start building a new core. In short,
we are writing MimerDesk from scratch to better match the needs of the
development and future needs of education and accessibility.

Check it out if you haven't. www.mimerdesk.org.

- teemu