Re: [seul-edu] Reservations about Wikis: Site tools for Schoolforge

> Again, I am not in favor of the Wiki as a curriculum tool

Maybe I missed something,

(easy to do with this thread!) but did anyone actually
suggest using a wiki for Schoolforge? Wikis are wonderful
tools for collecting information, adhoc collaborations and
germinating ideas, but did anyone actually suggest using a
wiki for the main application? I think a wiki might be used
to work out some rough ideas (maybe even move some of this
dialogue off the main mailing list?) but I don't think a
wiki would be the primary tool for a project like Schoolforge.
A tool or environment with a wiki-like option would be useful.

My suggestion to use a wiki to capture some of the dialogue
from this thread wasn't meant to suggest that the whole
Schoolforge project be implemented in a wiki. And I don't
think Jason's page carries that intent either (Jason?)

Apologies if I've missed something.

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US