[seul-edu] Library catalog possibility.

Hey folks, I just discovered this about a week ago
(after a third big search online for some kind of free
cataloging/circulation system suitable for schools).

Go here: http://www.librarycom.com

(Free up to 10MB of storage; auto-links to a huge Marc
database; online searches and cataloging; decent
reporting; etc. My librarian is very happy!)

I know this is not strictly Linux, but it is along the
lines of cheap educational software...

[We know about Koha and OpenBook (and commercial
systems, of course).  My librarian nixed the first one
after we realized it doesn't show book descriptions --
and I'm not willing to learn perl to make it do so.
The second is very promising, but it's behind
schedule, and the developers won't say if they'll
support the current data structures in the final
release (neither myself nor the librarian are willing
to enter the collection twice).  Besides, we've waited
for a couple of months now it...]

Anyway, it works for us, maybe someone else will find
it useful.