Re: [seul-edu] Reservations about Wikis: Site tools for

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:42:05 -0700

> I hear about and see wiki all the time ... does wiki have a home page?
> What lingo is it written in?
> Michael

The Portland Pattern Factory is probably the closest thing
to a home page for wikis (?)

Wikis are written in just about any language.

If you like PHP you'd probably like phpwiki.
On Jeff's recommendations, if you like Python
you could try Pwiki. The SEUL wiki is also a
Python based Zwiki installed by Bruno Vernier
with modifications.

Most of them are very easy to install and use. I would
just pick one and try it out.

I'm partial to wikit because of a fantastic
first experience with it, thanks to Bob
Techentin and the TCLers.

I asked the same question about a year ago,
and Bob (who I am glad to see is still on the list!)
suggested these links:

The TCLers wiki is at

Check out their page entitled "Wiki" at

or their Welcome Visitors page at

Sorry, got carried away. This will (probably) be my
last posting on the topic of wikis vs. sourceforge-like
tools, too - I'll just put some more stuff about wikis
in the SEUL wiki. You should too!