[seul-edu] New Educational Applications

Name: KnowIt

Description: KnowIt is a simple tool for managing notes. It is similar to TuxCards, but KDE-based (it requires KDE 3). Notes are organized in tree-like hierarchy, texts are in RichText format, so bold, italic and lists are supported, with more to come.

Author: Michał Rudolf

Homepage: http://www.uw.edu.pl/~mrudolf/linux/knowit.html

License: GNU Public License

Category: Research

Name: TuxCards

Description: TuxCards is a hierarchical notebook. That was created out of the desire to let my own chaos of papers, notes, and post-it''s vanish. Those items are useful but the chaos I produced was not. Now, regular digital notebooks do already exist in lots of different shapes, there - similar to real notebooks - I found it quite difficult to keep track of my entries and to sort them. Through a friend I got to know CueCards; this is a really nice program that exists for Windows. Since I am using Linux almost permanently, I got the idea to write a similar tool for myself and let every Linux/Unix user share it.