Re: [seul-edu] Using graphics in Linux

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 07:22:49PM -0500, Dave Prentice wrote:
> > All,
> >     Does anybody know a program that either filters or converts wmf
> vector images into a form usable by Linux? Most of the commercial
clipart
> packages
> I've seen come in the wmf format. FrameMaker doesn't speak wmf. Any
> suggestions?

Try this: less file.wmf, that will give you some ideas. Then
I'd try Illustrator.

Other possible choices: KIllustrator, sketch, Metagra(ph|f) ( I
never remember which is).

> My answers, in increasing order of usefulness:
>
> "I don't know. What's a vector image?" [rhetorical]

A vector image is a image that is built on a language:
line(12,30)
poly(3,4,5,6)

Postscript is a vectorial drawing language. Coreldraw in
the "dark-side" is the best.

In vectorial you never loose resolution, you can manipulate
better the image....

> "Have you tried xv? It supports everything."

Everything pixel-oriented, not vectorial.

It's vectorial because you store "vectors" of lines instead
the pixels that comprise each line.

--
Regards/Saludos
Manolo