Re: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

I think star office is your best bet If i am not mistaken star office has a power point kinda software as well as Koffice which is kde's version of office.

-Matt
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 11:00 AM
Subject: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

Hi there.

I'm kind of new to Linux and I've just joined the seul mailing list.

As an ex-windows user, and someone willing to provid my students
with lecture notes in electronic format, the first question that occured to
me was: "which presentation software should I use to produce my
notes?".  In broad terms, I have in mind something that:

- could have some degree of "animation" (not just ps/pdf files);
- could afterwards be accessed in different platforms (mainly windows
          users);
- could easily incorporate (heavy?) math formulas + charts

I guess PowerPoint would do the job but that is out of question :-)

Your advice will certainly be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Luis