Re: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

Star Office/Open Office (Open Office is the development version) both do a
good job of creating presentations, and the filters for Powerpoint seem quite
good.

I usually use KPresenter though, since it has the advantage of being quicker
to load and using fewer resources than Star Office.

I know KPresenter does simple animations; I haven't tried that in Star
Office, but it's full-featured so it must do animations also.

If I won't have a Linux computer available for the presentation I usually
save as HTML, which is even more portable.

There are some programs for generating HTML presentations which you can find
by searching on Freshmeat or linuxapps.com.  I haven't tried any of them.

Best regards,

Jeff Nelson