[seul-edu] Using Linux to Access a Frontpage School Server

Dear SEUL Friends:

I do web sites for several schools using LINUX and the various included
tools.  However, one of the schools I work for has their web page on a
Frontpage web server.  I have not been able to access it through Linux.
 The IT person at the school says he will not open up FTP or SSH because
of security issues (truth: he is a strong Microsoft advocate).  So each
time I wish to do work for this school, I must connect through a
Microsoft OS running Frontpage - a real pain. Further, since the web
site of the school is getting rather large, Frontpage is beginning to
behave poorly (loosing archived files when renaming, etc).  I am not
allowed to back up documents on my local machine because Frontpage
assumes you back up to another Frontpage server. A backed up file is
only a link - not the file itself.

I am looking for fresh ideas.  Any way to connect to a Frontpage web
server through Linux?  If not, is there any way to connect through
Windows using something besides Frontpage?

Any suggestions welcome........

Robert Maynord