Re: [seul-edu] ISO Project redux

Doug,

Some time ago, I offered to evaluate some software for this ISO, but
was given the impression that only teachers/educators would be
qualified to do so.
> If you don't feel competent to evaluate the utility of educational
> software to the schools, contact a teacher and ask for his or her
> help!  If you don't know a teacher, ask a friend who has kids to put
> you in contact with their teacher!  If the first teacher you talk to
> isn't interested or can't commit to help, ask him or her to
> recommend a colleague to talk to!  I'm taking exactly this track;
> the teacher I'm working with is having computer problems, so if that
> isn't resolved in a week or so I'll get her to use my computer at
> home for the evals.  The main point is that everyone can do this.
> WE can't all wait for the other guy to do this--we _all_ need to get
> to work on it!

I feel quite competent to evaluate the utility of educational
software, perhaps not directly from a teacher's point of view, but
as an impartial party with a reasonably broad knowledge of the
utility of educational software.

Personally, I think the more people doing these evaluations, the
better.

Dan