[seul-edu] Re: ISO project--a different approach

On 15 Oct 2002 at 10:20, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 05:16:07PM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> > If it's already packaged for Debian and included in Debian, I
don't see
> > any reason for us to put those DEBs on our ISO.  Not doing so
would
> > allow us more room for things that _aren't_ included.  But if
you think
> > it would be a good idea to have them on our ISO for
completeness's sake,
> > we'll certainly consider it.
>
> Well, there are going to be a few problems because of differing
opinions
> on what is "free".  In its current state, I don't think Openoffice
can be
> included, for example.

Why not? Doesn't it essentially use the Mozilla license with
s/Netscape/Sun/ ?
--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreekschools.org                              785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world