RE: Major interview

> To summarize:
>
> If we want to attract commercial edsoft developers then I
> think we need think
> sensibly about their needs. "Free software Evangelism" will
> get nowhere with these
> often small companies who have too much to lose by taking
> such risks. Perhaps, if
> people were prepared to pay for software then it's better
> that the idea of "Fair"
> software, pricing and licensing is a more attainable goal.

That is a hard question.  I personally think that attracting schools, so
that they are willing to give linux a try, is more important that attracting
proprietary development.  For me, the question also is if we would win
anything if schools went over to linux while it's transforming to become as
proprietary as eg. M$ Windows..?

 /EOF