Re: Hello all (fwd)

I wonder if this grading program could be modified to interface /
integrate with the k12admin package (http://k12admin.cmsd.bc.ca/)? Then
school administrators and teachers would have _one_ central data
repository.

I proposed to the author of k12admin that I will help him test the
interface between his package (currently based on mySQL) and PostgreSQL
I spent most of the day today learning Perl's DBI (their common database
interface). Hopefully I will be able to replace mySQL with PostgreSQL as
the database back-end for any Perl-based program that currently uses
mySQL.

Regards.

--
Jose C. Lacal, Chief Vision Officer

jose.lacal@openclassroom.org
http://www.openclassroom.org

OpenClassroom: bringing the power of OpenSource to Education.