HOW-TOs

I think it is time we get beyond the discussion phase
with HOW-TOs.  We have another volunteer and I think I
have the information needed to get started now.

Here's how I understand this effort.
1) We will be documenting the use of Linux Software
appropriate to schools. (I will be documenting Abiword
and CodeCrusader -- we need them for our school).
2) We will be documenting the use of Linux Installations
and setups appropriate to schools.  (We will not be
rewriting existing HowTos -- but we will reference
them).  (I will do a mail server with IMP a web based
email system -- I just set it up and it has several
advantages for my school).
3) We will be write teacher manuels to help them
understand how to educationally use Linux software.

We will use DocBooks because it can easly generate
multiple formats and it allows pictures to be
integrated.  Pictures will be important for the
tutorials.

Do these goals and standards make sense to everyone.
Should we move beyond the discussion and into action?
Should we list somewhere who is working on what
tutorials, howtos, etc so that there will be minimal
overlap?

You input is always appreciated.

Bill

If you find this message objectionable or of
questionable authenticity please contact
<headmaster@tasis.ch> or <support@tasis.ch>.