EDU-HowTo Standard (was Re: XML vs DocBooks)

I had been thinking of these comments and had decided to
start writing a standard template that could be the
starting point for EDU-HowTo's and Tutorials.  In
addition to a template I thought we could have an
appendix listing the standard tag or notation used for
certain things like:  example code, commands the user
types, what the screen displays, etc.  I was going to
base it on something like the O'Reilly standards.  I
think there are DocBook tags that fit our needs -- so it
will really just be a matter of listing them so that we
use them appropriately.

Correct me if I am wrong -- I am very new to sgml &
DocBook -- my experience lies soely in examples I have
seen.  I will try to have something for everyone to
review in short order.  (A week or two).

Quoting Ramin Miraftabi <ramin@cs.joensuu.fi>:
> On 24 Sep 99, at 8:07, Doug Loss wrote:
> > We should probably come up with a subset of DocBook
tags to use so
> > that our HOWTOs come out similar to each other.
Otherwise they may
> > appear unrelated in their structure, which might be
confusing to our
> > intended audience.
>
> A certain basic format would be good, or a template of
a document.
> Also trying to find the appropriate tag helps alot.
(When using SGML

If you find this message objectionable
or of questionable authenticity please
contact <support@tasis.ch>.