Re: EDU-HowTo Standard (was Re: XML vs DocBooks)

On 26 Sep 99, at 16:11, Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> I had been thinking of these comments and had decided to
> start writing a standard template that could be the
> starting point for EDU-HowTo's and Tutorials.  In
> addition to a template I thought we could have an
> appendix listing the standard tag or notation used for
> certain things like:  example code, commands the user
> types, what the screen displays, etc.  I was going to
> base it on something like the O'Reilly standards.  I
> think there are DocBook tags that fit our needs -- so it
> will really just be a matter of listing them so that we
> use them appropriately.

I don't know if O'Reilly has any standards for it, but the DocBook
reference (can't remember the link off-hand) does a good job of
showing how to do what. If in doubt ask, and I can see if the DocBook
mailing list gives any more insight on the matter.

ramin

Ramin Miraftabi           Student Computer Science
ramin@cs.joensuu.fi       University of Joensuu
http://dawn.joensuu.fi    Joensuu, Finland

               Copyright (c) 1999