Re: Database for Software List

Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY <bill@mail.tasis.ch> wrote:
>I would go a little further and break it down into:
>	Preschool
>	Grades 1-5
>	Grades 6-8
>	Grades 9-13
>	University
>Because each of these grade levels are seen as
>pedagocally different in many places (not allways grades
>6-8), but in anycase, these teachers can then better use
>similar programs.

I'd stick to grades, like explicitly saying, for example, grades 3
through 7.  I think internationally there's a fair concensus on grades
starting with 1st grade at age 6.  You're definately right that
preschool should be included.

But even in the US schools don't agree to whether junior high/middle
school begins at grades 5 or 6, or ends at 8 or 9.  Internationally the
grades are broken up significantly differently.

  -- Ian