Re: (FWD) Re: Fw: RE: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management

j-tamara@uniandes.edu.co>
"
>Are we choosing software simply because we need it? Are we not thinking
>about the world where our children will live? equality, open knowledge,
>cooperation, among others.  Are not those values more important than the
>software itself ?
"

The school I work for does not employ me as a moral educator. My job is to
make sure the technology the moral educators (and others) depend on works.
I believe in Free Software but if a commercial application fufills the
needs of my school community in a way a ~= Free Software application does
not I will choose the commercial application.

j-tamara@uniandes.edu.co>
"Are we not thinking about the world where our children will live? "

As computer manufacture/use/disposal are all  environmental disasters
j-tamara's question seems a bit ridiculous.