Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide (was: need detailed network advice)

Quoting Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>:

> getting the stuff done in any format !!!

I couldn't agree more.  Help me redefine the current project, take over the
current project, or create a parellel project.  Feel free to help.  Please.
There is room enough for more people in the effort.

I realize progress has been very slow.  I am probably not the best suited for
this project because I just don't have much time to dedicate to it.  There are
probably many people with more time available than me (I am struggling to manage
over 100 computers and users by myself).

I really won't be offended if someone else wants to do this project or set up a
parellel effort -- I promise I won't be offended.  Furthermore, if you would
like to help there is even the possibility of reorganizing the current effort.
Another alternative is I can keep all the authors from doing overlapping work in
the newly redefined standard and the multitude of authors can write away and the
project documents every Linux/Internet project related to schools.

When I started I got very little feedback, I assumed it was because either no
one else was interested or that I had astonishingly good ideas ;-)  Now that I
know there are some flaws, I welcome your joint effort.  I don't want to be
stuffy or stiff and as long as I have docs to help my staff and students I have
won too.  So please help get more momentum to this project.

> I've managed to produce face-shaped paragraphs using LaTeX, or
> snake-shaped,... you can't get that in DocBook in a million years.

Cool documents wasn't one of my design criteria.  (I could be one of those
boring geeks for all I know).  I just needed easy to organize documents which
could easily become xml and easily be searched for future indexing, etc.  I also
need graphics for screen shots.  I don't want to spend time making cool
documents -- probably a fault, but nice design takes a lot of time.

I look forward to this project moving forward at lighning speed, now.

Bill

This mail sent through IMP: mail.tasis.ch