Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide (was: need detailed network advice)

We can coordinate so that we don't have 2 documents on the same topic.  Other
areas we can collaborate on is the liscencing and document structure issue.
Please read the current guidelines (ignoring all the DocBook stuff) and see what
you agree with so that our documents will have a standard layout.

Please also keep in mind that it would be nice in the future to have a way to
automatically have a search engine sort through and find the relevant
information a user is searching for.  How does LaTex address this?  Maybe this
isn't important, but I hope to have enough docs to have it matter someday.  I
don't think we need to use each others methods so I won't be doing the
excersize.  But I would gladly discuss the other issues in the Doc Standards.
We could even rewrite it so that it accomodates both projects.

So I suggest we review the standard.  Work in on docs using different techniques
(probably not having overlapping subjects).  However, you can chunk whatever is
in the current documents -- just follow the liscence.  When your project
demonstrates itself to be an overwhelming success then we can discuss a total
takeover.

Have fun and I look forward to lots of docs in lots of different formats.

There is a list of topics that are needed on the current site.  There is also a
math project document in the works.  I have also completed (but not posted an
IMP guide).

PS -- Doug is a good guy (well at least he gets stuff done and is generally
diplomatic).  I think your comments lead several of us to mistake your
enthusiasm for agression and ignoring the work (as trivial as it may seem) which
has been done to date.  For some of us who have been using the "Internet" since
the early 80's (okay it wasn't the Internet we know today), we remeber that the
Internet accomplished many projects and became important from cooperation and
working together.  So I think we should discuss this document project with this
in mind.  I hope you were one of those early users and can remember back to
those idealistic univerisity days.  But if not, please imagine them.

Bill

Quoting Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>:

> Well,"chunk-theory" intends to be a redefinition, a take over
> and done in parallel :)
>
> I propose some exercises to the reader. Instead of chunk-based

This mail sent through IMP: mail.tasis.ch