[seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

OK, here's number two.  Chris Edwards, where do things now stand on
the comprehensive student management system?  I don't want to see
this fall by the wayside either.  I was thinking that such a system
might be able to take advantage of some of the other bits that are
floating around SEUL/edu and the internet generally, like K12Admin
or Roster for account management, Grader or Ggradebook for grade
recording, etc.  If nothing else, getting these various programs to
use consistent fields for storing data (even if they use backend
storage methods as different as SQL and XML) will be useful for the
exchange of files between them.  With luck, the system can be made
modular enough that plugging in different functions will be
relatively trivial.

SEUL is ready to support such a project with any resources we can
provide.  I admit that I haven't had a chance to read all the SASIxp
documentation that Chris made available to us; I'll do that soon.
But I really don't want this to become another exciting "file and
forget" idea.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid