[seul-edu] Cue Conference Exhibitors Discount rate

-- BEGIN included message

Jim,

Thanks for your email.  We do have a non-profit rate for booths which is
$375.  Unfortunately that is the only option available for space at the
show.

Lora

>Lora,
>
>Hello, I will be attending the fall conference in Sac. again this year.
>I have a question about exhibitors.
>
>Since the purpose of CUE and the conference is to bridge technology to
>the learning experience (I think).  Is there any way that a support
>group for free software for education can have a booth at a discounted
>rate?
>
>I am talking about a Linux support group that has been formed to be the
>support community for schools who are using the free software for
>servers and workstations.  Since the software is free and only supported
>by volunteers there is never any money changing hands, there is never
>any profit, there is never any funds to pay for expensive booth space.
>Which is truly a shame because the solutions the SEUL-edu are exactly
>what schools need:  very customizable computer OS's and programs that do
>not require site licenses or commercial upgrades.  I know how expensive
>the licenses are, they can discourage schools from staying current or
>adding additional services.  I am sure you have heard this argument
>before, but please give consideration to my request.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Jim Aird

>Attachment converted: Manager Files:jimaird.vcf (TEXT/MSWD) (00000624)

-- END included message

begin:vcard
n:Aird;Jim
tel;cell:530.570.2468