Re: [seul-edu] Re: HELP!

Hi Dave,

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Dave Prentice wrote:

-->Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:21:30 -0500
-->From: Dave Prentice <dprentice@uno.edu>
-->To: seul-edu@seul.org
-->Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Re: HELP!
-->
-->Bob,
-->    I downloaded a firewall script from redhat. However, it tries to do a
-->modprobe for three modules: ip_masq_ftp.o, ip_masq_irc.o, and
-->ip_masq_raudio.o. None of them are on my system, and I don't know where to
-->download them. An internet search gave only an outdated URL. Do you know
-->where I can download these drivers, or what package they might be part of?

These are ALL KERNEL modules.  You need to either build your own kernel
with these enabled, or grab a redhat stock kernel that has them.  Since I
do Debian and not Redhat, I'm not sure if their is a stock redhat kernel
with the ip_masq_ftp and ip_masq_irc modules.  However I have access to a
few Redhat gurus if you can't find out.

They normally live in /lib/modules/[kernel number]/ipv4/
where [kernel number] equals something like 2.2.17 or 2.0.36 or something.

Sincerely,

Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org

-->Thanks, -->Dave Prentice