Re: [seul-edu] Introducing Self, info request

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:01:23PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
<snip>
> > My name is Mike Norton, I am the administrator and all around tech
> > guy for a public charter school in Magalia CA.  We are in the mountains
> > above Chico.

Wow, how did I not notice this!? :)

> Have you contacted LUGoD (GNU/Linux Users Group of Davis) or any
> organization at CSU Chico (not sure of who's up there, certain something
> exists).  http://www.lugod.org/

Last I had checked, CSLUG.org was a squatter site with porno banners. :(
But, I'm checking today, and it looks like it's back!  [ confused! ]

  http://cslug.org/

In fact, they meet tonight!  (Looks like it's their first meeting of the
school year)

And, like Karsten mentioned, LUGOD is down here in Davis.
We met last night, and meet again on the 17th of September.

There's also SacLUG in Sacramento (next meeting is a week from today),
and RoseLUG in Roseville (next meeting on September 24th), who both
meet monthly.

> I know some people in the Davis area who might be available/interested,
> and/or have further contacts.

Definitely... I also just discovered a group called "YARN" (www.yarn.org),
"Yolo Area Regional Network," which is a project of DCN, the
Davis Community Network (whom we've worked with before).

DCN's director is definitely interested in our help, so the more the
merrier.  (He has warned that most folks involved in YARN at the moment
are trained in Microsoft, so they may take some convincing.)

> Otherwise, I'm available on list and
> might be tempted up that way.

Where are you Karseten?  :)

-bill!