[seul-edu] Linux inservice day

My father is the assistant superintendent of the local school board, so
I have started to talk to him to see if at the next teachers convention
if I could do a Open Source in Schools presentation, or something like
that.

Does anyone know of any resources, notes, or any wizdom that would help
make this presentation better.

It's an idea that just came into my head today, so I don't have much
down in terms of a plan, but it would probably be something like the
following.

1) Brief intro to Open source, and it's Philosophies.  Talk a bit about
how the principles of Open Source are things we would like to see grow
in the students (sharing, cooperative work, etc)

2) Bring in my system from home running LTSP, and have several boot
disks to quickly convert a lab into a linux lab for them to try on.

I would run them through Open Office, The Gimp, Mozilla, various
educational pieces of software, etc.

3) Wrap things up with about 15-20 mins of question and answer, hand out
CD's with the windows ports of Open Office, The Gimp, Mozilla, etc.

Depending on the crowd I might spend more time on the LTSP part to show
some of the power of a fully multi user OS.

Does anyone have any wizdom as to showing something like this to
teachers, I would love to hear it.  The presentation would not be until
march, but I would like to get started on things now to have a good
outline done.

Thanks
Scott Brooks