Re: docutg: Doc Questions

Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> Is there some space we can have on SEUL to put our docs?

Definitely.  After the holidays Roger and I will figure out where's the
best place to put them.

> Should we have some kind of copyright for the docs?

Again, definitely.  I'm partial to using the Open Content License
<http://www.opencontent.org> for non-executable files, but anything of
similar intent should be acceptable.

> Do we need to say something like it's not our fault if
> your school burns down while using our docs?

So you're planning to have some really hot text in there, are you?
Given the litigious nature of the current US culture, we should probably
include some general disclaimer of responsibility for the results of
using our documents.  I don't think we should go so far s the Microsoft
EULA does, though.  We could just say something like, "Any failure of
your equipment or institution to succeed with the procedures given here
is your fault, mack.  They all worked for us and we're not rocket
scientists, so you must be really stupid.  Tell you what, for a hefty
fee we'll come over and try to cover up your inadequacies and save your
pitiful job.  But don't even _think_ of trying to blame us for your
shortcomings, because that dog won't hunt."  As you can see, I'm in a
joking mood.  "That dog won't hunt" is an American colloqualism meaning
that idea is so obviously wrong that no one will even consider it.