Re: docutg: Doc Questions

I'm not much into semantics, could someone who is good
at this stuff please write or find good copyright and
disclaimer.

I agree that the copyright should be some sort of open
source thing.

Bill

Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>:

> Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
> >
> > Is there some space we can have on SEUL to put our
docs?

> Definitely.  After the holidays Roger and I will
figure out where's the
> best place to put them.
>
> > Should we have some kind of copyright for the docs?
> >
> Again, definitely.  I'm partial to using the Open
Content License
> <http://www.opencontent.org> for non-executable files,
but anything of
> similar intent should be acceptable.
>
> > Do we need to say something like it's not our fault
if
> > your school burns down while using our docs?
> >
> So you're planning to have some really hot text in
there, are you?
> Given the litigious nature of the current US culture,
we should probably
> include some general disclaimer of responsibility for
the results of
> using our documents.  I don't think we should go so
far s the Microsoft
> EULA does, though.  We could just say something like,
"Any failure of
> your equipment or institution to succeed with the
procedures given here
> is your fault, mack.  They all worked for us and we're
not rocket
> scientists, so you must be really stupid.  Tell you
what, for a hefty
> fee we'll come over and try to cover up your
inadequacies and save your
> pitiful job.  But don't even _think_ of trying to
blame us for your
> shortcomings, because that dog won't hunt."  As you
can see, I'm in a
> joking mood.  "That dog won't hunt" is an American
colloqualism meaning
> that idea is so obviously wrong that no one will even
consider it.

> --
> Doug Loss                 The difference between the
right word and
> Data Network Coordinator  the almost right word is the
difference
> Bloomsburg University     between lightning and a
lightning bug.
> dloss@bloomu.edu                Mark Twain

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>