Re: docutg: DocBook, Guides, and the LDP

Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> Good idea, do you have a URL?  Anyone want to help with
> this?
>
> Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>:
>
> so they can all be combined as
> > chapters into larger works.  If those larger works fit
> the requirements
> > of the LDP, we should see if having them officially
> accepted as LDP
> > guides is something we want to do.

Here's the URL for the LDP HOWTO on submitting Guides:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/guide-info/

You may also want to contact Joshua Drake <poet@linuxdoc.org> for
answers to specific questions about how the two groups can work
together.  The Guides they currently have are:

Installation and Getting Started Guide
The Linux Kernel
The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
The Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide
The Linux System Administrators' Guide
Linux System Administration Made Easy
The Linux Network Administrators' Guide
The Linux Programmer's Guide
The Linux Users' Guide

The last three haven't been updated for a while, and most of them seem
aimed at a more technical audience than we're looking for, but I think
the LDP may be a good group to start discussions with.