Re: docutg: DocBook, Guides, and the LDP

Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> Could you elaborate on what you had in mind?
>
> Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>:
>

> > I noticed that the Linux Documentation Project is
> using the DocBook DTD for
> > their Guides, their longer book length documents.  We
> should consider how
> > we can
> > work with the LDP on our educational documentation.
> This thought has no
> > detailed
> > consideration behind it; it just seems like a good
> idea to me.

I was thinking that since we're going to be working in much the same
format as the LDP is for its longer works, we should perhaps help our
various authors structure their work so they can all be combined as
chapters into larger works.  If those larger works fit the requirements
of the LDP, we should see if having them officially accepted as LDP
guides is something we want to do.