Re: docutg: (Offtopic?) Filemaker Pro on Linux server Problem

Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> I have some people that want to share a database made in
> Filemaker pro.  Their files are stored on a Linux
> server.  Apparently, they can't share the database with
> several people.  They are not going to change databases
> as far as I can tell.
>
> Can anyone suggest a solution?
>
> Can I change something in the filemaker pro file and
> make it sharable -- it only has to be shared with 3
> people.  performance is not an issue.

Is this a version of Filemaker Pro that runs on Linux, or is the Linux
box being used as a Samba, NFS, or netatalk file server only?  I
couldn't find any mention of Filemaker Pro for Linux on a quick search.
If the Linux box is just a file server, then it's probably an issue of
the Windows or Mac Filemaker program locking the file when it opens it.
If the actual database code runs on the Linux box, that's a different
story.