docutg: (Offtopic?) Filemaker Pro on Linux server Problem

I have some people that want to share a database made in
Filemaker pro.  Their files are stored on a Linux
server.  Apparently, they can't share the database with
several people.  They are not going to change databases
as far as I can tell.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Can I change something in the filemaker pro file and
make it sharable -- it only has to be shared with 3
people.  performance is not an issue.

Can I run the server version on a workstation and keep
the fileserver in place?

Do I need to scrap the linux server and give them a mac
or PC server so they can run Filemaker Pro Server? (I
assume there is no Linux version available).

Other ideas would be welcome.  I am not very excited to
move all the data to a new server for 3 people and
reconfigure all the other computers that connect.

Thanks

Bill

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>