An exam for leaders

Let's face it.  Every Linux distribution sucks when we look at it with
the eyes of an end user.  If that were not true SEUL would be unneeded.

I consider of the utmost importance than every leader in this projet
be fully aware of the shortcoming in this distribution and being
impartial in his choices.  We need people placing the interests of
this project and of spreading Linux between end users above anything
and _specially_ about tastes in distributions.  Distribution
patriotism has ben harming this project from the start.

So I propose this little test:

Every leader should issue a _severe_ critic of the distribution he uses.
No praises allowed, no mentionning of other distributions except for
comparisons unfavorable to the distribution used by the candidate.
Focus must be on suitability for end users and on structural problems:
bugs are made to be fixed so you are allowed not mentionning them
unless they are persistent.  We have one week.  People failing to be
severe enough, will have two days to issue a second version.  If this
one is still not good, well, you decide.

I am sure many people will not agree to submit to the test but I think
it would be good everyone wanting to be a SEUL leader being capable of
seeing his distribution with end user eyes, _not_ with his hacker eyes
and taking decisions without being conditionned by distribution
patriotism.

I will post my critic about RedHat in the following 24 hours after
someone lifts the gauntlet.  I would issue it now if I were sure other
people would make the same thing.  About the bug clause don't fear I
will mention  RedHat bugs.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

===