Re: More task division concerns

2-3 comments:

- Perhaps just a simple detail but 'expert' (as in the 'SEG'), as  I
see  it,  implies  those  specialized  in other fields (whatever the
field  may  be  ...   from  gardening  to  poetry  to  ballistics or
satellite design, et cetera).  In the  SEG,  now,  we  have  several
scientists and a few non-specialized interested parties.

-   There's   however  a  *real  problem*  to  recruit  people  from
non-technically oriented fields.   I  announced  SEG  in a number of
fora  covering  several  fields  of  interest.   Response  from  the
non-tech/non-scientific oriented ends was nule.

- Now, I'm trying to figure out how I will get 30-40 100%-newbies to
get a box/another HD, install debian 1.3 and write down all problems
they have in the process.  Perhaps, a good way out with this will be
to fix an experiment  at  some  faculty  here.   I  will  query  the
sysadmins around.

-  One  of the first killing-fields for non-tech oriented users will
be the HD partition et al.   IMO,  not  even disk druid does well in
this.  All of that should be 100% automatic.

It looks thing've started rolling at a higher speed.
Cheers all,

    APS

] From: arma@seul.org
] To: Randy Heineke <heineke@vanilla.r.umn.edu>

] >1. SEG: I don't think expert is ...

] Well, the goal of the SEG is to survey ...

FISH-ECOLOGY: the largest worldwide e-conference on  fish  research.
Strictly  academic.   Reach  >2400  scientists in over 60 countries.
Info/queries & feed-back to: <FISH-ECOLOGY-REQUEST@HELIOS.ULPGC.ES>.
Simple End User Linux (SEUL) Project: www.seul.org - Welcome to  the
SEUL Expert Group (SEG).           A distributed high tech endevour.

----
Aldo-Pier Solari <SolariS@CICEI.ULPGC.ES>, Fish.Res.Gr./ULP
Home-page:  http://www.ulpgc.es/usuarios/solaris/index.html
PGPKey ID: 0xFDD1FD36   --  IWillNotFailThoseWithWhomIServe
----
===
===