req. to Debian group

Bruce,

I'm in charge of the SEUL Expert Group (SEG). The aim of this
subproject is to obtain end user info to feed the coders with.

As SEUL will be based on DEBIAN (for which I'm glad), I would
like to know whether it'd be OK for you & group if I go into
the Debian users list to gather some information to SEUL (and Debian
as well).

I'm up to attempt to arrange an experiment on 100% newbies-guinea
pigs at this college: I'll design a questionary and let them install
Debian 1.3 from scratch to obtain statistical data on just the
installation process. That data may benefit both Debian and SEUL, I
believe.

Once I have that 'control' data, I'll be able to send in the
questionary to the net and compare received info from remote users,
etc. to our control data. In such a way, we may know whether there
may be any biases compared to the control group. This will enable
SEUL to know more accurately, from a stats viewpoint, difficulties
encountered by end users.

The first stage would be the install process. The info I'd like to
request in the Debian (user) list is related to difficulties while
installing Debian 1.3.

Once I have a Debian approval, I'll send in the questionary asap.
Cheers,

	Aldo

===
===