Re: SEUL: Auto-detecting hardware

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Greg Fall wrote:

> I am wondering, what kind of goals are there for auto-detection of
> hardware (not trivial or even close, I reckon), and for general
> convenience in the initial setup?

We should copy redhat's install...  Say I install a soundcard in my
computer, insmod the appropriate module and give it the location of my
soundcard.  Say I install an ATAPI cd-rom drive, I just insmod the
appropriate driver.  They're all compiled already, but as modules and you
just load the modules you need.  Say I get parallel port zip drive, all I
gotta do is insmod ppa.o.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
 The World Blender Society: Devoted to the pursuit of a homogenous planet!