SEUL: [Fwd: Creating a word processor for GNOME]

Hi,
Meanwhile there are dicusstions about a word processor on the
gnome-list@gnome.org. Who has interrest in it can look in it.
--
Cheng-Chang Wu

-- BEGIN included message

Hi,

I have been watching several word processor projects for a while, and most
of them seem to end before they start.  Is anyone interested in starting a
somewhat simple word processor project for the GNOME?  I've got quite a
few of the requirements (and limits!) worked out at this point, and some
of the data structures such as the file format.  Perhaps most importantly,
I would like it to be thoroughly internationalized, especially in the
aspect of CSJ characters which I have such trouble finding applications
for.

However, as my background is only in Java (thanks, Oswego) there are
several questions I have as to how one would implement certain data
structures in C efficiently - especially a dynamic string buffer for the
document's text.  If anyone with a reasonable C background would like to
assist me in getting this project off the ground, and maybe answer some
of my foolish questions about C as I'm trying to work through the
differences between it and Java, I'd like to hear from you.  If I get a
good response I'll put up a few pages I've been working on describing the
details.

dewa, mata!

Lester Barrows (Ryoga)  |  ICC Operator   |/~~|        \   _|___ \``
barrows@Oswego.EDU      | SysOp, NeoA88   |   |  |    --+   |   |
www.oswego.edu/~barrows | Linux Inside!       |  |~~    |  ,'  ,'
"Do or Do Not: There is no try."  -Yoda    __/  (l\_  _/  /   /