Re: SEUL: EDITORS

TheBong Pipe wrote:

> >Just to make sure we are on the same sheel of music ... we are talking
> >about three different editors.
> >

> >3) The default X editor.
> >
> That's what I meant when I was talking about "Editor" It's packaged in
> the 1.3 Debian distribution.

The 'X' Editor is ( IMHO ) a minor concern.  just as a TV is a minor
concern.
there are a lot of available options and almost all of them are
acceptable.
The install disk editor is a different mater.  'ae' so far seams the
best
choice although I would like something that resembles edit.com/notepad
as much
as possible.

I have KDE ( Beta 3 ) installed and THIS is the sort of thing a new user
needs.  It even has a ppp dialer that can easily be configured for use
by normal users.
Is KDE in this project ?  If it isn't we are basically in the position
of
needing to duplicate it's function.
--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."