Re: SEUL: PPP and scripting

> PPP
> 	One version of debian had two scripts pon and poff
> They make going on the net easy.
>
> The standard debian install scripts ask for address and all of that.

About ppp : the concern that  you need to start ppp as root for the most
part, you can't do it from a shell window , and yopu can't do it by
clicking a button on a menu.

There's a couple of things that could be done about this :

(a)	give group permissions to allow selected users to start ppp
(b)	IMO better: there's something somebody mentioned called diald
which fires up the internet connection whenever it's needed.

In any case, we need a way for non-root users to be able to start ppp
(directly or indirectly).

-- DonovAN