Re: SEUL: Stopping dreams

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > I am new to Linux and this 'startex' in ~/.bashrc idea just sort of
> > pooped
> > into my head.  I posted before thinking.  When I log in to another
> > terminal
> > it gives me a message about not being able to start X when it's already
> > running then it frezzes.  ctrl+C gets me out of that and to a nice
>
> This really wasn't a dumb idea at all. The thing is that the startx script
> is somewhat flawed, it always tries to start on the first console. But you
> could call Xinit, and have a little function that checks for the first
> display, the second, etc, until it finds one that hasn't been taken yet,
> and then fires up X.

Start on the first console ?
I always log in as root on the first console and log in as forgeltd on
the
6th console then startx from there.  Worked fine in Slack, COL and
HedHat.
Even when I don't log in on 1st console.
Or dose 1st Console mean something different from what I'm thinking of ?

--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."