Re: SEUL: A Linux Annoyance

> Here's some concern I have based on a news group post by a SEU.
>
> The post was by some guy who hit ^S while using vi. Apparently, he
> couldn't work out how to exit vi, so he tried all the control-combos. He
> ended up (of course) suspending the console, and concluded that 'vi had
> made linux crash' and therefore that 'linux was crap'. Might it be worth
> disabling the suspend-console feature  in the default configuration ? Or
> at least modify so that ^S writes
> "console suspended, hit ^Q to resume"
> to stderror ?

The main error was to throw him into VI.  The second one was than some
idiot advised him to buy a raw CD for his first Linux: ie nor book nor
paper doc.  This is cheaper but for someone who knows nor Linux nor
Unix is a short path for failure.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

"For drinking muddy water if that is the water of truth,
            for that the camel is needed"