Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, William T Wilson wrote:

> Yeah, that's a good point.  Maybe we can re-design the taskbar and replace
> My Computer with some sort of penguin.  :)  I think the taskbar/start menu
> concept is great; but if we could cross the taskbar with the Apple menu
> from the Mac and add some new features, that'd be the best.

I dunno, I have grown too fond of Goodstuff and a 3x2 array pager with
fvwm, I suppose.  A nice solid SteelBlue desktop with xload and xclock
swallowed into buttons. What's wrong with Icons?

I also like being able to change desktops by clicking on a pager square or
using the middle button to drag applications from one desktop to another.

I guess you like what you are used to.

> The trouble with this is that it makes our space really tight.  A DOS
> "preparation disk" that would manage all the Win95 fixing, then prompting
> the user for the real install disk, which would be linux based.  Perhaps.
> The DOS disk would not be necessary for those not wishing to preserve a
> Win95 install.

I agree, the additional install disk would not be used for "clean"
installations of new systems but only when Win95 or DOS are to be saved.
And it only works in uncompressed filesystems anyway.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org