Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

On 18 Jan 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> Perhaps you should consider the possibility of no Microsoft software at
> all?

We have.  However, the subject at hand is that of looting MS config
information so we don't have to figure it out ourselves.

How many people are there out there who meet ALL of the following
criteria:
1) Have no MS software
2) Have no idea what hardware they have in their system
3) Want to install SEUL

My guess is not many.  Either they have Windows, and we can loot it, or
they have OS/2 or some other version of Linux, and they know their
hardware as a matter of survival, or they have DOS, and their computer is
too feeble for SEUL anyway.

The only case is those people who had a data catastrophe and have decided
to go with SEUL instead.  For those people we'll have to rely on
user-cluefulness and probing.