Re: SEUL: New Test

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Ryan Pipkin wrote:

>  Of course there are security issues, but they
> could be addressed.

Well, I know a few people in high school, their admin(they use Netware)
didn't care an inch about the system.  The guest account had greater
access privileges than the teachers did:)  People are always getting in
there and reformatting the servers drives and screwing with the system,
but nobody there cares.  IMHO, schools'd be a tough sell on Linux.  See,
they already have DOS, they have their grading software under DOS, and the
teacher's know DOS.  So, basically, they don't care if they can put up a
web page, they don't care about a more powerful OS, and in general, since
DOS is what they have, DOS is what they'll stay with.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
          Drop your carrier ... we have you surrounded!