SEUL: Re: [oswg] Some thoughts on the Linux Documentation Project

First, are you communicating with gregh@metalab.unc.edu or someone else?
Second, we can get the HOW-TOs up on the LDP in some way or another since
we host the LDP here, but isn't there a group of LDPists?

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> > This is the least of our problems. One of the problems that concerns
> > most LDP writers has been mysterious disappearance of LDP maintainer who
> > hasn't been commiting documents to LDP for a very long time. Neither has
> > this person attempted to respond to any of his e-mails.
> >
> > There has been quite a bit of discussion on linux-doc mailing list about
> > people not getting any response or people not being able to submit new
> > howtos. I have bunch of submissions for my Cable Modem howto but I
> > haven't included them in my document since I don't see any point in
> > updating the document that will never make it to LDP.
> >
> > Sick and tired,
> >
> > Vladimir
>
> Just so it doesn't seem like Vladimir is alone in this problem, we're
> in the same boat. We wrote the Commercial Port Advocacy Howto (CPAH,
> http://www.seul.org/pub/howto/cpah.html) many months ago, and even
> put it in the format that the LDP wanted. The LDP fellow said it would
> work best as a mini-howto, and we said "ok, whatever you think best",
> and then he stopped answering mail.
>
> I believe there are dozens of good howto's out there that have had this
> same problem.
> Perhaps the oswg should start collecting them. :)
>
> --Roger

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071