Re: SEUL: cpah thoughts

Roger Dingledine wrote:
> In the second sentence of the 'standard contact message', you start
> with 'And...'. You might consider changing to 'Also, ...' You want to
> strike a balance here between being friendly and being professional.
> Perhaps being more professional in the first paragraph is better.
Noted; change "And" to "Also,".  Actually, losing the first paragraph
entirely is probably appropriate.

> What is Executor? Perhaps you could explain this more..
There's what I thought was a pretty good explanation in the sample
message.  Perhaps I should reference that in the earlier section where I
mention the various porting aids.  Or maybe I should give a shortened
description there.  Comments?

> In the Resources section, you have two 'Why Linux?' entries, followed
> by a 'Why use Linux?' entry. Perhaps you could provide some more details
> at each entry, of what the article is, how thorough it is, what it focuses
> on, etc.
I didn't want to review each entry, as I don't think I'm qualified to do
so, and as it might be more devisive than useful.  How about if I list
the URL after each entry so that people can at least see where the page
is coming from?

> Btw, how close do you think this is to be a 'production quality' version,
> Doug? At some point relatively soon, we should "tell the world" --
> seul-announce, cola, linuxtoday, etc.

Since I finally got a response from Tim Bynum, I'd like to wait till we
get his thoughts on it and see if it's a candidate for inclusion in the
Linux Documentation Project.  At that point (whether the answer is yes
or no) I think we can make the announcement.  It has been mentioned on
Linux Weekly News and in a post I put on one of the InfoWorld fora, so I
suspect there may be some peripheral awareness of it in the community

Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards
Bloomsburg University     or golf.
dloss@bloomu.edu                H. L. Mencken