Re: SEUL: More questions and a few answers

>On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 09:06:37PM -0800, anand_r_vaidya wrote:
> Is it not a good idea to use frames? (On my intranet web server, I
> use them heavily). I feel the only downside is creating "bookmarks"
> to pages deep inside the site.

I'd have to agree with Ian on using Frames--I've found no end to problems
with them, as not all browser support frames equally.  Netscape 2.x and IE
3.x don't support frames very well--neither does lynx.  That means that if
you start using frames, you have to maintain two sets of pages--one for the
"framed" version and one for the "unframed" version.  Maintaining two sets
of pages is a major headache--even if you only have 20 pages, you end up
having to maintain 40.

Just my .02...

Mike

----
Michael Viron
Project Coordinator, Internal Documentation Development
Linux Knowledge Base Organization <mviron@linuxkb.org>
Project Coordinator & Administrator
General Education Online <mviron@webspinners.org>