Re: OS questions draft, III

In message <9e7bcd4f.35cd9649@aol.com>, eamorical@aol.com writes:
>Last night I had thought up the following educational questions so
>I thought I would pass them along.
>
>*Is it important for you to be able to take your computer to school.
>*Is it important for you to have a computer available at home for
> doing school work.
>*Would it be a benefit to you if your teacher could freely handout
> the software you use at school for use on your own computer.

These questions assume that the person is a student, and has classes,
teachers, and a school. I'd like to get them worded so they don't
presuppose these things. That way, we can ask them to everybody taking
the survey. For instance, everybody can benefit from a
typing tutor or a program that models the stock market, whether they're
using it themselves, getting it from their teacher, or giving it to their
kids or parents. Also, the above questions are 'educational person'
questions rather than 'educational software' questions.

I'd like to get Doug to clarify this one, if possible. I've cc'ed this to
him. Just to have them in one place, my previous post about this said:

|Doug: want to write us some educational-software questions? I'd be
|happy to include them. Try to keep them kind of broad. Probably about
|three questions would be good:
|* Availability of educational software
|* price issues
|* quality? brand-name companies? ability to read source code for it?
|  what do you care about?

Thanks,
--Roger